The Scientific Academy for Service Technology
Cutting edge research in demanding projects
Turn your data into smart data and make your applications smart
Background image: ©iStock.com/shuoshu
The Scientific Academy for Service Technology e.V. (ServTech) is a non-profit research corporation that serves public-benefit purposes according to §52 of the Fiscal Code of Germany. ServTech was founded in 2007 to advance application-oriented scientific research, technological innovation, and technology diffusion in the areas of smart applications, big data, software engineering, service-oriented computing (SOC), and cloud computing. ServTech provides on-demand training and education services and organizes and sponsors scientific events. ServTech also supports the work of young researchers through awards and research stays..
The ServTech team comprises well-known senior academics with long-standing industry ties who have a long-term impact on international demonstrated by seminal publications and funded by international scientific agencies including the EU (FP & H2020 programs), the US National Science Foundation (NSF), the Australian Research Council (ARC), the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), the Dutch Research Council (NWO) and other national research bodies.
The ServTech team’s key competencies span areas – including but not limited to:
- data integration and interoperability,
- software and service engineering,
- business processing,
- innovative software architectures,
- smart platforms,
- cloud computing,
- smart healthcare,
- smart manufacturing,
- knowledge-based structures, and
- domain-specific languages for smart data systems and applications.
ServTech’s experts work at the forefront of R&D, they advise national research bodies and academic institutions, can influence the introduction or improvement of standards, and have strong ties with industry and public authorities.
The outcome of ServTech's activity is made accessible to the general public through detailed research and design documents, research prototypes, and publications in specialist magazines, scholarly journals, conference volumes, and public lectures.
ServTech received substantial research funds from the EC.
ServTech is well-networked with renowned industries and research institutions in Europe and world-wide.
Technology Transfer & Education
ServTech offers on-demand seminars on current and upcoming IT topics.
ServTech organises and actively participates in dedicated workshops, summer schools and seminars throughout Europe.
ServTech publishes its scientific findings, innovative designs, and software solutions in specialist magazines, scholarly journals, and in conference volumes.
International Conference on Service-oriented Computing
ServTech is the main sponsor of this flagship conference in service-oriented computing, alternately held in Europe, the Americas, and Asia, including the Pacific Rim.
ServTech was founded in 2007 by leading experts from industry and academia world-wide to support innovation and progress in Service-Oriented Computing (SOC). ServTech pursues exclusively and directly non-profit making research and other scientific activities.
- Stefan Kapferer from the University of Applied Sciences of Eastern Switzerland (OST) receives the SummerSOC Young Researcher Award 2020 sponsored by ServTech for his outstanding paper […]
- Antonio Brogi, Stefano Forti, and Marco Gaglianese from the Department of Computer Science at the University of Pisa receive the Best Paper Award of ICSOC 2019 for their […]
- Davide Neri, Ph.D. student at the University of Pisa, receives the SummerSOC Young Researcher Award 2019 sponsored by ServTech for his outstanding paper entitled: “Design principles, architectural smells, and […]
- The preparation of ICSOC 2019 has begun. The organization committee has published the Calls for Papers and Workshops. This year, the conference will be held in […]
- This year, the PC co-chairs Maja Vukovic (left), Claus Pahl (2nd from right), and Jianwei Yin (right) presented the Best Research Paper Award to Yun Yang and […]